Acceptance and Understanding

Hey there chorus line
Singing me a lullaby
You cannot be heard here
I am lost in a secular paradise
Hey there harp players
Strumming me a love song
You are lost amongst the clatter
My superfluous happy time
Hey there guardian angel
Sitting on my shoulder
You have no guiding light
Amongst my blinding darkness
Hey there Alpha and Omega
Waiting patiently for my response
Keep pushing me for an answer
I'll soon be brave enough
I have rediscovered God, in the darkest and most obscene moment of my life - the same moments that I had once lost Him.  I was alone, cold, fighting an impossibility; myself and the demons that convinced me that I am not worthy.  Just for a glimpse, He appeared, long enough for me to take a meaningful breath.  I never did stop knowing He was there, I just stopped being there for Him.  I had forsaken Him trying to hide my guilt in non-belief.  It didn't work.  
Still though - religion binds me to a dark reality and I am unable to process the demands... That's not exactly a cup-o-tea conversation, so let's just not have it at all....for now.



No comments: