Sanity on a String

I thought it was impossible to visit hell before you die - given the fact that you belong there after you die??? Point is, I may not be 90, but in this short life, I went through a week of it... And let me tell you, not pleasant, lonely and a very, very dark place.


The learning I took away - you either truly know how to value those you love or you don't; you either know to tell them how important they are before they're gone, or you don't; You make every effort to make them first, or you don't; You remember to say a little thank you, or... well you get the idea.


I guess the bottom line of my non-sequential thought process is that you may go through hell and back, but to that other person, it's irrelevant and unimportant and really - has no weight in the grand scheme of things.... while you - you struggle with every waking day, battling the demons that now haunt you - hopefully not forever, but right now - sure feel like forever.


Something has changed in my heart and mind - just trying to pin point what it really is and figure out what to do with this change.

No comments: